The Order of Service may or may not include the following elements:
- Opening remarks: Welcome, thank you, introductions, recognition’s
- Prayers: Traditional, nontraditional, informal, formal, or none
- Music: Pre-recorded, instrumental, organ, choral hymns, religious, pop, non-religious songs, favorite secular pieces, boom box or karaoke choices
- Readings: Psalms, scripture, poems, favorite literature readings, non-biblical readings, single bible verses, quotes, letters, diary excerpts, etc.
- Remembrances: Personal stories, formal eulogy with or without message, open floor, pre chosen speakers, etc.
- Artifacts: Artwork, photographs, memorabilia, candles, butterflies, take away remembrance pieces, collectibles, literature, displays, flowers, plantings, keepsake objects, balloons, etc.
- Closing remarks: Send-off, farewell, blessing, thanksgiving